- 2 raw bananas (there are varieties of bananas available in the market. So I have put up an image of the same)
- 10 - Sambar onions (peeled and cut into two)
- Coconut pieces (copra) - 2 tsp
- Half coconut (dry roast)
- Chilly powder - 1 tspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 spoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/4spoon
- A pinch of pepper powder
- Coconut oil - 2 tspoon
- Oil - 1 tspoon
- Salt to taste.
Cuisine: Cooking time: 30 mins Serving: 4 people
- Remove the coconut pulp from half a coconut and microwave it for 2 to 3 minutes. Then roast it on gas flame. (Do not allow it to get burnt).
- Cut the roasted coconut into small pieces and grind with turmeric powder, chilly powder, jeera and water into a fine paste.
- Slit each banana lengthwise into four and cut into small pieces. Wash it thoroughly.
- Now heat oil in a thick bottom Kadai add the copra pieces and sauté it for few seconds. Add the raw banana pieces and small onions. Add the ground paste alongwith salt and water to the Kadai. Add enough water to cook them well. When the water is fully soaked, add two spoons coconut oil and curry leaves. Switch off the Gas stove and serve with rice. Enjoy the food. Recipes for lunch
Meal: Food type: