- 1 cup germinated mung
- 1/2 cup onions cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup tomatoes cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp green chilly cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup pomegranate (optional)
- 1/4 cup coriander (daniya) leaves
- 1 pinch hing
- 1 cup thick curd
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Steam the germinated mung.
- Heat the kadai, pour oil. Add onion, chilly and sauté till onion turns tender and slight brown. Switch off the gas and let the onion cool.
- Once it cools add tomato, steamed mung, hing, sugar, curd, salt and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Garnish with pomegranate and coriander leaves.
This raita can also be prepared in microwave without oil.
Take the germinated mung, onion, green chilly, tomato, salt, hing, sugar in a bowl suitable to be used in a microwave and heat it for 2- 3 minutes in the microwave.
Then add curd and mix well. Garnish with pomegranate and coriander leaves.