- 3 cups idli rice
- 1 cup urud dal ( in case of good quality Urdu dal use 4 cups of idli rice)
- 1 spoon cooked rice
- Salt to taste
Cuisine: Kerala Cooking time: 15 mins Serving: 2 people
- Clean the idli rice and Urdu dal in water thoroughly. Soak the rice and the dal in water for 4 to 5 hours. Do not throw away the water. You can use the water for grinding.
- Grind the rice and dal while adding little water from time to time. Grind it into a thick batter.
- Keep it for fermenting for 12 hours. Add salt when ready to make idlis.
- For Dosa you can add methi seeds and add more water to make the consistency of the batter a little thinner.