- 1 big raw banana
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1 pinch jeera
- 2 tsp chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tblsp oil
- Few curry leaves
- Salt to taste
Cuisine: Kerala Cooking time: 30 mins Serving: 4 people
- Peel the skin of the banana. Clean the banana. Cut the bananas lengthwise into thin slices of 11/2 inches each.
- Cook the banana with adequate water in a kadai.
- Grind the coconut, chilly powder, turmeric powder and jeera with little water to make a paste. Add curry leaves and grind a bit again.
- When the bananas are almost cooked add this paste and salt and cook for 5 minutes. The consistency of this dish is that of semi liquid.
- Pour coconut oil and add few curry leaves over the avial to enhance its flavour.
This is side dish to be served with rice.
Meal: Food type: