- 1/2 cup jackfruit seeds cut lengthwise
- 1 /4 cup drumstick cut into 1 1/2 inches lengthwise
- 1/4 cup snake gourd cut into 1 1/2 inches lengthwise
- 1/4 cup yam (skinned and cut into11/2 inch lengthwise)
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 2 tsp chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 pods garlic
- 3 sambhar onion (skinned)
- Few curry leaves
- Salt to taste
Cuisine: Kerala Cooking time: 30 mins Serving: 3 people
- Cook all the vegetables with salt and enough water.
- Grind grated coconut, jeera, chilly powder, turmeric powder, garlic, sambhar onions with enough water into a paste. Add curry leaves and grind only for 2-3 seconds.
- Add this paste to the vegetables when it’s almost cooked and mix well. Cover with a lid. Let is cook well for 5 minutes. Add salt and water if required.
- Cook until it reaches a semi liquid consistency and then switch off. Pour coconut oil and spread few curry leaves over.
Our Jackfruit seeds Avial is ready to be served.